THE "SHIFT" IN EDUCATION

Even though I am a technology fan, I still use papers to create plans for my lessons and to write notes for my own use. There are lots of digital applications but none of them has made me feel comfortable so far. Yesterday I discovered a new tool, the “Planboard”

Planboard is a very simple tool that you can use to create your daily, weekly and monthly plans. Signing up and creating a template takes only 3 minutes.

With Planboard you can;
- print or e-mail your plans or save them as PDF files,
- add memos, sticky notes for yourself,
- add Standards for each lesson period,
- attach files for every lesson,
- set off-days or shift your schedule without any change.

Screen Shot 2013-08-21 at 9.54.22 PM

The best part of using a digital planner is when you can’t go to school for some reason, you can forward your lesson plan to substitute teachers so that they can see what has been done and what will be done in that class. Isn’t that great?

I had the chance to have a live chat with a representative of Planboard and he told me that new features are coming up. For example “templates” feature will allow teachers to repeat content per period. Also an iPad application is on the road.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Very Useful Tool For Lesson Planning | EducationTechology | Scoop.it
  2. A Very Useful Tool For Lesson Planning : "THE SHIFT" IN EDUCATION | Higher Education and more... | Scoop.it
  3. A Very Useful Tool For Lesson Planning : "THE SHIFT" IN EDUCATION | Ed tools | Scoop.it

Name

Email

Website

Speak your mind

• GoogleEducationTrainer_badge_RGB
  • SEE_logo_horizontal
  • Tags

• gadzillionaward
  • top-school-tech-blog
  • Find this blog in the education blogs directory
  • My Deviantart Works

My Deviantart Works